The Ideal Implant – San Diego
The Characteristics of Silicone, The Peace of Mind of Saline
As medical technology continues to evolve, women gain more and more options for breast implants that offer safety, durability, and more importantly, natural looking results. With the arrival of the Ideal Implant, San Diego plastic surgeon Dr. Sayed offers his patients a safe new alternative for breast enhancement.
The Ideal Implant is, well, ideal in that it combines the strengths of both saline and silicone implants. The Ideal Implant offers patients the option of an implant that has the safety of saline-filled implants and the aesthetics of silicone implants. The innovative Ideal Implant is essentially a saline-filled implant with a unique internal structure that gives it silicone gel-like properties.
While silicone gel implants are safe, FDA-approved, and have a low risk of leakage, many women are still concerned about capsular contracture, pain, hardening of the breast, inflammation, and other complications that can be associated with a silicone implant rupture. The catch is, silicone gel implants also tend to feel and move a lot more “naturally” than saline implants. With the Ideal Implant, patients can have the best of both worlds; studies have shown that Ideal Implants have a low rate of rippling, which saline implants tend to do, making them extremely durable. And unlike traditional saline implants, the Ideal Implant doesn’t look unnaturally round and doesn’t collapse when held upright.
Dr. Sayed is one of a handful of elite surgeons in the world who offer the Ideal Implant; as one of the few board-certified surgeons who are able to work with the Ideal Implant, San Diego Dr. Sayed can offer his patients an amazing experience and superb results.
View real patient before & after results in our photo gallery.
Ideal Implant 101
The Ideal Implant was engineered to have a complex, layered structure that gives it strength, durability, a natural looking shape, as well as the ability to move and feel as natural as possible. The Ideal Implant has two separate chambers filled with saline: an inner chamber and an outer chamber. Surrounding these chambers are shells that prevent the saline filling from “sloshing” around, and in between each shell are one to three baffle shells. The edges of the Ideal Implant have also been lowered so that they stick more naturally to the chest.
Like all saline implants, the Ideal Implant is filled once it’s inserted into the breast. When it’s inserted, the Ideal Implant will be deflated, but it has two filling tubes attached to it. Once the Ideal Implant has been inserted and positioned into the breast, the two chambers are filled individually through the two filling tubes.
The Ideal Implant offers a great degree of customization; because it’s a saline implant, Dr. Sayed can precisely adjust the size of the implants once it has been inserted. Once Dr. Sayed has made sure that the implant has been filled with an appropriate amount of volume, he’ll remove the filling tubes, which will effectively seal the valves within the implants.
Contact us today!
If you’re in the San Diego or Newport Beach areas and have any questions about The Ideal Implant or wish to schedule a consultation on the implant removal with Dr. Sayed, please contact our office.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Ideal Implant
Let’s take a look at what it takes to be a candidate for the Ideal Implant:
- Over the age of 18
- Small breasts, tuberous breast deformities, and a lack of cleavage
- Minimal to no droopiness to the breasts (don’t worry if you have some degree of sagging, we can combine the Ideal Implant with a breast lift)
- Good skin elasticity
- No masses in the breast found during a breast examination – if you have a significant family history of breast cancer or are over the age of 30, we can request a preoperative mammogram if you haven’t had one within a year
- A support network of friends, family, caregivers, or others who can help out with your recovery
- A preference for saline-filled implants
- Reasonable expectations for what the Ideal Implant can do for you
Your breast enhancement with the Ideal Implant will take slightly longer than the typical 1 hour it takes to perform breast enhancement–mostly because the Ideal Implant is filled a little differently.
The recovery from the Ideal Implant is much like the recovery from a breast enhancement using any other implant.
While long-term data might not be available, a 5 year clinical study with the implants have shown that patients had a lower rate of capsular contractions—nearly half of the rate associated with saline and silicone implants. Many surgeons also feel that Ideal Implants are also less likely to ripple—making them durable enough to last longer than saline implants despite wear and tear.
Of course, while pregnancy and breastfeeding might result in changes to the breast, there are many women who go their entire lives without needing to exchange or remove their implants.
- Have a reasonable expectable of what the Ideal Implant can do for you
- Don’t smoke or take any kind of nicotine for at least 3 weeks before and after the procedure
- Stay well-rested and well-hydrated
- Take vitamin C and zinc supplementation—but ask Dr. Sayed before taking any other supplements. We have a list of substances that we ask you to avoid to minimize the risk of bleeding and to optimize healing
- Designate a caretaker who can help you during the first 5-7 days of your recovery
- Identify whether any female relatives in your immediate family have any history of breast cancer
We are more than happy to provide a quote for what the cost would be for your individual case. We invite you to stop in and meet with Dr. Sayed. He can assess your particular case and provide you with an accurate cost schedule. Please feel free to contact our San Diego office and schedule a consultation.