Breast Lift with Implants – San Diego
The best approach to breast enhancement depends on a woman’s age and childbearing history. A breast lift is not an optimal treatment for women who are suffering from volume loss, and a breast augmentation will only exacerbate sagging for women fighting the effects of aging on their breasts. For women in San Diego who need the one-two-punch of rejuvenation and enhancement, double-board certified surgeon Dr. Sayed offers the combination procedure of breast lift with implants.
Dr. Sayed is proud of his motto “Aesthetics Done Right™.” That means he plans each breast lift with implants in detail, respects each patient’s natural tissues and anatomy, and strives to create natural, long-lasting results.
View real patient before & after results in our photo gallery.
Breast Lift with Implants 101
For his breast lift with implants, Dr. Sayed often employs a modified vertical breast lift approach, which means he makes an incision that goes around the areola and down into the crease of the breast—leaving an incision that looks like a lollipop. With his modified vertical breast lift, Dr. Sayed will try to minimize any horizontal incision he makes in the breast crease. Using the vertical incision, Dr. Sayed will insert the implants, remove excess skin, and tighten the breast tissue.
Dr. Sayed then repositions the nipple areola complex (a fancy term for the nipple and the tissue attached to the nipple). With the vertical breast lift, patients should be left with a small vertical scar from the nipple to the crease. Some patients will have a slight extension of this outward in the crease, depending on their preoperative measurements and sagging. Patients with excess fat in the outer part of the crease may have an extension of the incision in the crease to help correct this for a rounder breast shape.
As a highly technical and experienced surgeon, Dr. Sayed is often called upon to revise prior breast lifts and breast reductions. To help plan these procedures as meticulously as possible, Dr. Sayed refers to the patient’s old medical records to help him construct the surgical pedicle (which is when the nipple is repositioned while it’s still attached to ducts, nerves, and blood supply).
Dr. Sayed typically uses high profile implants (implants that project far from the chest) for the breast lift with implants, but he’s comfortable with using a variety of silicone, saline, Ideal Implants, anatomic implants, and smooth, round implants. Dr. Sayed will explain the pros and cons of each implant during your consultation. Dr. Sayed places his implants using the dual plane technique, which means the upper ½-2/3 of the implant will be covered by the pectoral muscle. This lowers the risk of capsular contracture.
Contact us today!
If you’re in the San Diego or Newport Beach areas and have any questions about Breast Lift with Implants or wish to schedule a consultation on breast lift with implants with Dr. Sayed, please contact our office.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Breast Lift with Implants
Many of our ideal candidates for the breast lift with implants have the following characteristics:
- Minor to major degree of droopiness to the breasts
- Breasts that are deformed or tubular
- Overly large nipples
- Breasts that are smaller than desired
- Generally good health; no major uncorrected cardiovascular, respiratory, kidney, or other major organ problems
- Over the age of 18 for saline implants and over the age of 22 for silicone implants
- Have no masses upon a breast examination – if you have a significant family history of breast cancer, are over 30, or haven’t had a breast exam in over a year, we will request a preoperative mammogram
- A support system of friends, family, caregivers, or others who can help you keep your appointments, complete you preop and postop tasks, and emotionally support you through this exciting journey
- Reasonable expectations of how much enhancement is possible with specific techniques
A breast lift with implants usually takes around 2-3 hours to complete.
After their breast lift with implants, many of our patients experience bruising, swelling, mild discomfort, tightness, the feeling of the implants riding in a slightly higher position, numbness in the nipples, and some mental adjustment to the recovery (although this is common for all surgery patients). It’s highly recommended that patients sit out social events for a few days after their procedure and that they don’t drive themselves for at least 10 days or as long as they’re taking prescription pain medication. Most of the sutures used are dissolvable, but there might be a few that need to be removed at around 14 days after the procedure.
Since it’s a two-in-one procedure, your recovery from a breast lift with implants takes a similar amount of time as the recovery from a breast augmentation or a breast lift. Basically, you have to abstain from exercise for 2 weeks, and after that time it’s highly recommended that you stick to a light fitness routine for a little while longer. During your recovery, you will be asked to wear a surgical bra and avoid wearing underwire bras for the first few weeks. Your surgical bra will be specially sized and measured for you so that it can help speed up healing and reduce the risk of muscle spasms. During the first 10 days of the recovery, it’s highly recommended that you wear tops that button from the front (you don’t want to have to be putting a shirt on over your head at this point!).
Your breast lift with implants should last quite a long time, but how long the results last will depend on a few factors, like how quickly your tissue ages and whether you decide to have children after the procedure. Other factors like the durability of your implants can affect how long your results last; luckily, modern saline and silicone implants are extremely durable, and a majority of women who undergo breast enhancement with implants never choose to have them removed. The implant companies also offer great warranty programs to add another level of reassurance and protection.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding will change the size and shape of your breast tissue and possibly compromise your results, so if you’re thinking of having children in the future, make sure to talk to Dr. Sayed about it.
- Have a reasonable expectation of what surgery can accomplish
- Review before and after photos of breast with implants results in San Diego and see what kind of outcomes you prefer
- Don’t smoke or take nicotine in any form for at least 3 weeks before and after your procedure
- Make sure you get plenty of rest, stay well-hydrated, and eat a nutritious diet with the proper amounts of protein
- Make sure you have the proper balance of vitamin C and zinc in your diet. Make sure to check with Dr. Sayed before you take supplements—we have a list of ingredients to avoid since they potentially hamper your recovery or increase the risk of bleeding
- Find a caretaker who can help you through the first 5-7 days after your breast lift
Many of our San Diego patients want to know a quote for our breast lift with implants, but pricing is subject to market changes, the area where it’s being performed, and the different techniques used with the procedure. The price for your breast lift with implants will also depend on the implants being used. Review our Pricing page to build a “wishlist” and get estimated pricing on a breast lift with implants or a combination of procedures. We also have a fee schedule available in the office after your consultation. Feel free to contact our San Diego office for a pre-consultation and we are happy to provide more information.