Tone of the most popular plastic surgery procedures is the tummy tuck. Also known as an abdominoplasty, the tummy tuck is a great procedure because it helps to correct the excess flab along the mid-region and provides perfectly sculpted contours.
There are a number of different tummy tuck techniques available and your surgeon will assess your body to determine which one suits you the best. While some people my need a more extensive procedure, those with minor excess fat around the mid-region may opt for a mini tummy tuck.
A partial abdominoplasty is a minor version of the traditional abdominoplasty procedure. It involves a smaller incision and a shorter recovery period. The ideal candidates for the procedure are:
• Patients who don’t have too much belly fat or sagging skin in the abdominal region.
• Patients who are in good general health and don’t have any underlying health conditions such as heart issues or infections.
• Patients who are relatively fit, but have problems getting rid of stubborn fat.
• Patients who are within their ideal weight range and are able to maintain a stable weight.
Once your surgeon examines your body, he will determine if you’ll make a suitable candidate and create a customized plan for your needs.
Benefits of Choosing a Partial Abdominoplasty
• A partial abdominoplasty is less intensive than the traditional technique and requires less downtime.
• The incision made during a partial abdominoplasty will be smaller than the one made during a traditional abdominoplasty. Smaller incisions mean smaller risks. It also means less noticeable post-surgical marks.
• During the partial abdominoplasty, the belly button will not be repositioned. The area below the belly button will be corrected without the need for pulling or pushing the belly button.
• This surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure and patients can return home soon after it is completed.
• A few days after the procedure, patients can return to their normal daily routines save for more strenuous treatments.
• Suitable candidates with low abdominal fat notice visible results immediately. They appear natural and the contours of your body will look more toned and flat.
Recovering From A Partial Abdominoplasty – What To Expect After The Surgery
It takes a comparatively shorter amount of time to recover from a partial abdominoplasty than with a traditional abdominoplasty. In most cases, one to two weeks is all it takes to fully recover after the surgery. There might be slight discomfort surrounding the incision area. It will subside in time or be addressed with medication.
When a qualified surgeon is used, if the surgeon has a lot of experience in performing partial abdominoplasty you would be able to obtain visible results that last long. For those who wish to obtain flat abdomen but hesitate to risk with a lengthy intensive surgery, this one comes as a relief.
Contact Our Office
Want to learn more about the partial abdominoplasty? Contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Tim Sayed, a double-board certified plastic surgeon, and begin your journey to the body you desire.